Building a playground for the kids can be a fulfilling activity for parents as there are many advantages to it. This is because you are more able to watch the kids play in the backyard while keeping an eye on them. Another benefit to this is the fact that you can build the backyard playground according to your specifications.
Therefore, you do not have to worry about things like the size of the space between the guardrails and so on.
Recent events have shown that parents are taking to building their own backyard playground as they have found that there are a lot of advantages to it. Before building the backyard playground for your child, there are some important things that you need to consider before building your backyard playground:
1. The age and size of the kids. The playground equipments for a toddler will differ from that of a school age child. This is because their growth rate and sizes differ; not to mention the fact that they also have different abilities at that age. For instance, in building a fort for a school aged kid, the guard rails do not necessarily have to be too close to each other as the head of the kid is not likely to fit into it. But imagine what would happen if a toddler were to put his head in the guard rails. Is there a tendency that his head will slip between the rails and his neck trapped? You bet. This is because the size of the children’s head at the various ages differ.
2. The space available. The amount of space available is also an important factor to consider. This is because kids are more likely to be so excited that they would keep bumping into each other on the playground if the space is too cramped. Therefore, defeating the purpose of the playground which was to create a fun environment instead of a querulous environment.
3. The proximity to the house. This is vital as in spit of all efforts to make the playground secure, it is still possible that accidents may happen. If this ever happens, you want to be able to dash out the house and reach any injured kid in 10-30 seconds.
4. The floor of the playground is also an important aspect to consider. This is because kids will always fall down. But you need something softer to help break their falls while still minimizing their injuries. Floors like concrete and asphalt would do a lot more harm to any kid that falls say — off a swing that a wood chip floor would.
5. Fencing the playground can keep the children from running of into the street which is also a good factor to consider when building your backyard playgrounds. Wood fences and planting shrubs would do the trick too.Image Source : Pinterest